Thursday, March 8, 2012

I am not a Square, I am an Octagon

I know I have conservative tendencies and I look for that when I date.  I tend to think after a five minute conversation one can tell I am not trying to take a walk on the wild side.  All of this to say, I am not trying to date anyone who has been jailed or served prison time.

A couple of weeks ago I was leaving RA Sushi.  As I made my way to my car, a random man starting yelling to get my attention.  I paused and asked, "What's the problem?"  He proceeded to tell me he thought I was attractive and wanted my number.  I kindly declined.  I was actually on my way to meet "3 Mammies" for a date.  From there he proceeds to tell me he just got out of jail two days ago and looking for a new friend.  Then he gives me the scary pedophile stare.  I quickly clutched my keys and proceeded to my car.

About two years ago, I exchanged numbers with a guy.  During our first phone conversation, he informed me that he had served jail time for domestic abuse.  Ike and Tina flashed before my eyes.  What on Earth made him think I would want to date a wife beater?  I politely told him I was not interested and wished him the best.

I am not the only one who has experienced this.  My friend went on a dinner date recently.  During the meal, this man proceeds to tell her he was in federal prison for domestic abuse.  Now mind you the explanations he gave her sounded like something from Jerry Springer.  It involved a cruise ship, the military, and a fight.  He deserves the "side eye."

I know me.  I am open to a certain extent.  I understand you may have some parking tickets and get stopped by an officer.  You might have to spend the weekend in holding.  Maybe as a teen you tried to shoplift.  I can work with that.  BUT if you went to JAIL and/or PRISON please keep it moving.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I have gotten that Ex- or Current-Con type more times than I can count. Lol. I kill it with the drug dealer types. They can spot me within a ten miles radius. I come up on the GPS system or something. Lol. How funny. Keep up the wonderful work.

    Regards,
    KR

    ReplyDelete