Monday, May 14, 2012

My 40 Before 40 List



Although I blog about dating, the title also says "what-nots."  This gives me the freedom to discuss other happenings in my life.  I decided to create a 40 before 40 list.  I have 10 years to complete my list.  I think I can do it!

1.  Cook every recipe in a cook book - My former roomie gave me a cook book one year and I've used a handful of the recipes.  I want to complete them all and take pictures of my masterpieces.

2.  I want to visit every continent, excluding Antarctica - So far I have been to North America and Asia.  I've traveled to several Central American countries and the Virgin Islands.  Still doesn't count as South America.

3.  I want to become 100% debt free - I used two credit cards while in grad school and for some traveling.  I want to pay them off and be done with them.

4.  I want to earn an MBA - I have one Masters, but I've always wanted an MBA.

5.  I want to get married - Lol, don't judge me!

6.  Go on a vacation by myself again - Perhaps I will go somewhere like Arizona where I can stay at the spa all day and relax.

7.  I want to go to Hawaii - It's just beautiful there!

8.  Do 5 pull ups in a row - I need some upper body strength and this goal will be good motivation.

9.  Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen - I will join my family and serve during Thanksgiving and Christmas, annually.

10.  Do at least 3 5K's a year - I am not much of a runner, so I can manage that distance without passing out.

11.  Take a photography class - I LOVE taking pictures.  I have been nicknamed the "Historian" by friends.

12.  I want to fully launch my professional organizing business - Feel free to visit http://www.eliteaccommodations21.com/ today! 

13.  I want to go on vacation with a love interest/boyfriend - I have traveled with friends and family, but never a romantic getaway.

14.  Go skiing - I am not a fan of the cold, but I want to try the bunny slopes at least once.

15.  Visit a waterfall - Hopefully I can do this while I'm in Jamaica!

16.  Look at the planets through a telescope - I want to visit one of those massive telescopes and explore the universe.

17.  Buy season tickets to a sporting event - Perhaps some friends and I can do this together and divide up the games.

18.  See Sade in concert - I just love her voice!

19.  Develop all my Shutterfly albums - I have over 300 albums on Shutterfly.  I want to develop them and arrange them in albums.

20.  Read the Bible cover to cover - I've read chapters referenced in church or covered in Bible studies, but never in its entirety.

21.  See "Wicked" on Broadway - I loved the book so I want to see it in New York.

22.  I want to meet Common - That man is beautiful to me!

23.  Learn to play golf - I have clubs that are collecting dust.  This way I can join my dad and grandpa on the course.

24.  Read 40 Books - Half Price Bookstore and I will become friends!

25.  I want to work my way up to six-figures - I want to retire with dignity.

26.  Take a cooking class - This includes making my grandmother teach me her recipes.  I love her cooking.

27.  Visit the Grand Canyon - Pretty fascinating that a nature carved this.

28.  Learn how to play Poker - I want to play at least one round in Vegas.

29.  Lose 15 pounds - I want to drop 15 pounds and keep it off permanently.

30.  Attend an AKA Boule - I've been to my Sorority's regional conferences, but never a national conference.

31.  Have enough in my savings to live off of for 2 years - I want to be financially responsibly and save wisely.

32.  Pray every morning and evening - It's good to have a conversation with God and a moment to reflect.

33.  Start using coupons - A penny saved is a penny earned!

34.  Read the Harry Potter series - I loved the movies.  Curious what details were left out.

35.  Visit Martha's Vineyard - I want to see if it's all it's hyped up to be.

36.  Get my yard professionally landscaped - I do not have a green thumb and I have a vision for my backyard.

37.  Take a White House tour - I've passed by it, but have never been inside.

38.  Have a Valentine for Valentine's Day - Last time I had one I was 24.

39.  Take my sisters on a vacation - This will require a lot of saving, lol.

40.  Visit all 50 United States - I have been to Alabama, Arizona, California, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.  I have a lot of states to visit in 10 years!

My goals are attainable, and I will proactively try to accomplish my list!  Keep you posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment