Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In Denial (Part 2)



In Denial (Part 1) gives you background info on Ole Boy.  Well, this is the cherry on top!

So you know when you first meet someone, you ask some very basic questions: Where are you from?  Have you been married?  What do you do?

I should have known something was off when he told me he was a principal of a high school.  I am very familiar with that high school and asked if the current principal resigned.  From there he tried to do damage control and tell me he was the principal of the 9th grade academy, within the school.  I, again, had to let him know that was not the case.  I flat out said, "You are an Assistant Principal." People, there is a difference and there is no need to lie about your position in life.

The next lie was about his upbringing.  He originally said he was from South Carolina.  Somehow I brought up Alabama within this conversation.  Of of a sudden, he is now from Alabama.  I told him I was confused.  He then said his mom relocated to South Carolina later in life, AFTER he was an adult.  I asked him, "Why did you say South Carolina?" He just changed the subject.  I am really starting to see he battles with the truth.

The third lie was the most offensive.  I asked him in the beginning had he ever been married.  He told me no, but he did have a daughter from a previous relationship.  What he failed to realize is that we live in a small world.  My current team member used to work at his school.  After out first date, I told her I went out with him.  In a non-malicious way she said, "Ohhh yeah, I remember he had a bad divorce."  Divorce?  I tell her, "No, he hasn't been married."  We go back and forth with this.  I even tell her, "Perhaps they were common law only."  My team member looks at me like I'm special.  Then, she hit me with the eww wee.  She gets her friend on the phone to confirm he used to be married.  Might I add, that friend attended the ceremony.

I have no problems with a divorce.  It's not that serious.  What I can't stand is a liar.  He lied to my face.  I wanted to give him a chance to "fix it."  I asked him again had he ever been married.  He again told me no.  He then said, "People have made that mistake before thinking he had been married."  Where they do that at?  I then told him, my team mate recalls you being married.  He still says no.  I then tell him, "She has a friend who attended the ceremony."  That is when the crickets started chirping, lol.  Haven't heard from him since.

Just to double check myself, I looked him up on the county clerk website.  He in fact had been married.  To top it off, he and his ex-wife had a child together.  He rather let people think he had a child out of wedlock than claim his ex.  Oh yeah, both of them have their daughter on the Facebook profile picture.  Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment