Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Tad On The Cheap Side


I understand it is expensive to actively date especially if you are using a dating site.  There have been times that I have paid for myself, picked inexpensive spots like coffee shops, or free outings.  At the same time, if you decide to date there are expenses that come with it.

I will just call this guy "Bob" for blog purposes.  We linked up on a dating site.  After the normal routine of introductions and messages, we exchanged numbers.  He scheduled a date for a Sunday evening but two hours before I was supposed to meet him he came up with some lame excuse and cancelled.  A hour later he changed his mind and fessed up that he went to the gym and forgot his real clothes.

I still met up with him at a local Mexican spot and the date was okay.  I kept trying to engage him in conversation, but he was semi dry.  The only thing he talked about was the gym and grocery shopping.  I blamed it on first date jitters.  I could tell he was a nice guy.  A few days later he asked if I wanted to meet for dinner after word.  We literally stay over a hour from each other but that particular day I was doing a presentation in an area that was a happy middle.

I told him he could pick the next spot.  Honestly, I get so tired of coordinating events and "thinking" that when a man plans an entire date I am secretly doing the tootsie roll dance inside.  He suggested Salata.  At the time I was not familiar with this establishment and told him to send me the address.  I enter it in my gps and it shows it is near a mall.  This particular mall has restaurants on its property like The Cheesecake Factory and Eddy V's Steakhouse. I just figured we were going to some place near the mall property.  My GPS kept indicating Salata was INSIDE the mall.

Jesus take the wheel, Salata was in the food court of the mall.  Our dinner date was a semi fast food chain.  Salata is like Chipotle for salads.  What the hell?!?  This was a first.  When we got to the end of the ensemble line, he told them 2 cups for water.  I believe our combined total was under $15.  Our first date had a waiter, this date not so much.

For the third date, he told me he had tickets to a museum exhibit from Groupon.  Longest field trip EVER!!!  He wouldn't talk.  Here we are checking out this great exhibit showcasing Samurai Warriors and I am with a mute.  It's a sad day when playing Candy Crush would have been more engaging.  Afterwards, I suggested we grab something to eat….my treat.  We go to Torchy's Tacos.  He orders chips/guac, three tacos, and a beer.  Now hold up did this man not order me a water cup the other day?  So on my dime he orders over $20 worth of food, but if he pics the spot it's fast food.  Mental note!

Seeing as I am a glutton for punishment, I agree to a forth meet up. This time he tells me I can pick the spot.  He liked the area near Torchy's Tacos.  I recommended a place called Cyclone Anaya.  I promise this is an affordable restaurant.  After I texted him my recommendation, there was 5 minute pause and he replied that we should go to Chicken Kitchen.  I am guessing he went to their website.  Folks, I encourage you to view the menu links: Cyclone Anaya and Chicken Kitchen.  Cyclone Anaya is a restaurant with a great atmosphere and Chicken Kitchen is like Chipotle.  Are we noticing a pattern?  Do not ask me to pick and turn it down for a semi fast food joint.

I show up to Chicken Kitchen and it is closed…..Praise God!  The restaurant I wanted was open and a 2 minute walk.  He still insisted on finding something else.  He picked Zoës Kitchen……a Mediterranean Chipotle.  At this point I know my face said it all…..this was going to be our final meet up.  Pick a struggle, you can't be cheap and not hold a conversation.

I should have known better better when he said he and his family do celebratory gatherings at ChaChos!

***ChaChos is equivalent to Taco Cabana.***

No comments:

Post a Comment