Sunday, November 29, 2015

Tinder Chronicles….lol

I've actually had friends that have been successful with Tinder…….I am not one of those chosen one.  I still keep the app on my phone.  It helps kill time and every blue moon I go on a date.  

Below, I will post some of my observations:

Your Wife Has No Friends

I can't tell you how many times I have come across the profiles of married men.  Not just any married men, but the husbands of women I know.  Mind you these are women I consider associates, not my near and dear friends.  If it were the latter  I would have set it off with phone calls, screen shots, etc.

Now you may be wondering why not tell the other women.  I have learned relationships are complicated, a lot of these women know who they are married to, and people get very defensive when someone they are loosely associated with interferes.  I always wonder if these wives have friends on the app debating if they should tell.

Tinder recently sent an update where they got rid of a feature that would let you know the last time someone logged in.  Somehow I have a feeling it has to do with all the married men still logging on.


You Have Got To See This

So my friends and I have started taking screen shots of some of the tom-foolery people post.  I have come across a few cross dressers, drag queens, and transgendered profiles.  Then there are the infamous penis pics.  No one wants to see that AND that pic will now be the topic of a group chat.

In additional to the colorful pictures, the actual profile descriptions are better than a good book!  Everyone thinks they are Christian Grey now.  I have come across at least 10 profiles requesting bondage, submissives, whips, chains, and everything in between.  Then there are the married men who let you know off top they are looking to play.  Hey, at least they are honest and you know ahead of time to swipe left.


Radio Silence

You get in your swiping groove and actually start to match with people.  One would think, this is great.  In the Tinder world this means nothing.  After you've matched with a person, you can now directly communicate with that person.  A lot of the men on there must be looking for permanent pen pals.  You will consistently get messaged but nothing else or you will never get a message at all.  How about we meet in real life?

*Recent study showed 42% of the people using the app are in relationships and 30% are straight up married.  Swipe at your own risk.


Glamour Shots

So you finally decide to meet and he's looking at you and you are looking at him.  Who the hell is this? Did you take Glamour Shots?  This person found all the right lighting the day they posted that pic.  I post pics that look like me.  I match my profile unlike these DREAM KILLERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment