Sunday, November 29, 2015

What The Hell?


Matched with this recently divorced guy through Tinder.  Although he had not been divorced long, he didn't appear to have any baggage or obvious issues.  We decided to meet up at a ghost bar located downtown.  I had never been there and thought this was pretty neat first date.

I arrived at the bar and immediately recognized him.  I was thankful he looked like his pics.  We had a couple of drinks and ended up leaving the bar to walk around downtown.  In my head I was thinking, "Oh shit, he appears to be normal."  That is rare for Tinder dates.  After that day, we kept in contact on a regular basis via phone calls and texts.

About two weeks go by and I am returning from a business trip.  I casually told him I would be eating cereal for dinner because it had been a long day.  He told me I could swing by his house.  He had cooked a large meal and had no problem sharing.  I decide to take him up on his offer.

Once I arrived, he fixed my plate and we ate.  It was pretty good even though it completely went against my meal plan, lol.  Afterwards we watched TV and chatted.  It was getting late so I decided to go home.  I thought the evening went well, but I noticed he didn't walk me to my car from his apartment.

The following week I heard from him here and there.  He has joint custody of his kids so I know he has limited availability.  Plus, we were in the getting to know you phase.  One particular day he mentioned that he wished I had spent the night the other evening.  I told him had I done that, I would have slept on the couch.  He told me he figured that much and chuckled.  I quote, "You don't seem like one of those type of women."

A couple of days later I hit him up to see if he wanted to meet up.  That is when he hit me with the jab/punch combo - "Hey you are very nice and fun to hang out with, but I don't think we have chemistry.  If you want to just meet to hang I am fine with that."

Sir, I need another homeboy like I need a bullet to my head. I seriously had a "WTF" moment.  Things had been so chill and a couple of weeks had passed with no problems.  I mean sheesh, you just had me over for dinner.  Trust me, I know what it is like to not have chemistry with a person.  This whole blog is dedicated to it!

I honestly think he wanted a booty buddy and when he figured that wasn't going to happen, I got dropped faster than a bad habit.  For about 30 seconds, my feelings were hurt.  Then again, he had only been divorced for 4 months……my bad for going near him with a 10 foot stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment