Sunday, November 29, 2015

Tell The Truth, Shame The Devil!


Tinder strikes again!  I matched with this one guy and we instantly hit it off.  After a few days of messaging, we decided to exchange numbers.  Shortly after that, I departed for a vacation out of the country.

To my surprise, he kept messaging me and kept in contact.  Well since we live in such a tech savvy world, I decided to search his phone number on Facebook.  His profile popped up and it was public….jackpot!

In our exchanges he told me he was single, raising his son, former military, and divorced.  BUT after examining his FB page it would appear he is very much in a relationship, has two sons, and family oriented.  While I was out of town, he kept insisting on meeting up when I returned.  I was a bit confused.  Is he one of those FB people who had not updated his page, did he and the woman recently break up, or was he a liar.

I get back to the states and agree to meet up with him at a spot similar to Dave & Busters. We actually hit it off so much he was trying to schedule date #2.  Throughout the date, I kept throwing hints out that  something wasn't quite right.  For example, I threw out how nice it was to meet up with a single person because I have come across so many profiles of married men.  I asked who was watching his young son since he relocated from another state.  I asked about the previous marriage and if he had been in a serious relationship since then.

Got him to slip up and admit he had a three year old in addition to the 12 year old.  He said that child's mother was a friend and not a girlfriend.  He went on and on about how it would not have been fair to start a relationship with her immediately after his divorce.  They got drunk one night and didn't use protection.  Folks, I was almost convinced.

I decided to view his FB page one more time.  I noticed he had a woman was tagged in all the pics.  I decided to click on her profile and saw we had a common friend.  I hit up my girl and got all the tea.  Yes he is very much in a relationship with the woman in the pic, they relocated to Houston together, she raises both kid (birthed the youngest), been together for years, and sadly she is one that was probably babysitting while we were on our fun date.

No need for a confrontation, I simply blocked his number and kept it moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment