Monday, February 20, 2012

The Flight Steward

I met the flight steward off of Match. By now can you tell I need to stay off of Match? I decided to relax on my height rule. This guy was one inch shorter than me. His pictures were okay and he looked like he weighed more than me. I figured he size would counteract his height. It was the start of 2012 and time for me to broaden my horizons.

Usually when I exchange numbers with someone, we have a phone call first. This was not the case. Instead I was bombarded with text messages. I mean like 30 in a row. This man texted full conversations. He was draining my phone battery. I started calling him to see if he would catch a clue and start having phone calls. It fell on deaf ears. He was officially a serial texter.

By the nickname, you can tell he worked in aviation. He was a flight attendant. The first thing all my female friends asked me was if he was gay. I didn't get a gay vibe. He texted me for our first date. He picked a movie. Typically I don't like to go to the movies for a first date, but again I was being open. I show up and I am waiting by the ticket counter. All of a sudden a petite man is standing before me. I guess it is true, the camera adds pounds.

The flight steward is well mannered and nice so I roll with it. A couple of weeks have passed and I am still getting text message after text message. It didn't matter the time. Since he is a flight attendant, he has no sense of time zones. He has even taken phone messaging to a new level. He began sending me screen shots of his flight schedule.

This was nice and dandy, but when was date #2? He would text things like, "I am off for two days." Thank you for the public service announcement, but if we are not hanging I don't care. This kept on for about two more weeks. He was working my nerves with all the texts. I even asked specifically if he could call more. He said he would.......still waiting.

I found my out the weekend I had to go out of town for a friend's birthday. I told him I would be busy. So busy in fact, I never texted him again. THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment