Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mr. 6'6"

I decided to give Match.com another try and this time it was looking promising. One day I logged in and had a message from 6'6". His profile pic was cute so I clicked on the message. All it said was "Dinner?" I replied back asking for a name. From there we scheduled a meet and greet.




I show up at Starbucks and the first thing he says is, "You look better than your pictures." Might I add he was not saying this to be nice. I guess I was supposed to be happy he found me appealing. I gave him the "err" face. Seriously dude, that is not how you put your best foot forward. But hey, I figured what the hell, I am here.




Dinner went well, we laughed, and even scheduled a second date. He even stepped it up a notch one weekend. I happened to be out of town for a friend's birthday and he decided to detour his road trip to my location for a day. You know I was thinking "cha-ching!"




So let's fast forward to the tom foolery. This past Friday we went to dinner and a movie. It was a normal date and ended with a hug and a peck. His final words were, "I'll call you Saturday after work so we can get together." Welllllll, Saturday passed, Sunday passed, Monday passed, Valentine's passed, and now it is Thursday.




Hmmm, so either someone has died or he's just not that in to me. Was the movie a parting gift? This fool has been ghost this whole time. So, DELETE-DELETE-DELETE! Mr. 6'6" is now a memory. I was stepping out the box for 6'6". He had been married twice, has two daughters under 3, and his stories about his life made me clutch my pearls. I can't stand disappearing acts.




In the words of a good friend, "Rejection is Protection!"

No comments:

Post a Comment