Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Talk

I absolutely love wearing weave!  I dated a man once who did not like weave so I took it out.  Worst week of my hair life.  I actually have hair and it's healthy.  I just love the convenience of weave.  There is nothing like that fresh sew-in!

Whenever I date a man, I have to have "the talk."  To me it's obvious I am wearing a weave, but men are fooled easily.  For example, Fluffy and I were on our way to dinner.  He let the top down on his sports car and took off.  I gave him the side eye.  He literally was exposing my secrets.  My tracks were showing and my hair was sticking on top of my head.  It was not a good look.  I kindly tapped him on the shoulder and told him to let the top back up.  He was confused.  I explained to him that it was a process to get my hair to look like this and what he saw was an illusion.  I told him I could not just run my fingers through my hair and keep it moving.  I told him it was equivalent to Jessica Simpson and her clip ons for award shows.  He quickly caught on and learned to use the A/C.

Another example when I had to have "the talk" is when a guy friend decided to run his hand through my luscious locks, lol.  I told him to prepare for a bumpy ride since he would feel braids and tracks underneath.  Funny enough, he did not care.  He just kept running his fingers through it.

The key to weave is a talented weave-ologist and good bags of hair.  I thank God for Evelyn.  It is such a pick me up when I get my hair done.  I can work out, curl it, whip it, and no longer have to sleep pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment