Sunday, February 19, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite

I did not realize how many dudes I've met over the years.  For those that know me, they know I like dating men that are taller than me.  I am 5'10" and literally looking down at a man is not the business. 

Four of Five years ago I was in between boyfriends and saw an E-Harmony commercial.  They were running a special so I decided to join for a month.  E-Harmony does not let you pick your match.  Instead, they provide your "matches."  Now I know I ranked height as as a super important factor.  Low and behold they paired me up with a man that was 5'4".  I don't know if I was curious or just looking for a free meal, but I agreed to a date.

He selected Joe's Crab Shack for dinner.  I get there first....he's running late.  He finally pranced in and it took all I had not to laugh.  He was sporting one of those bedazzled Ed Hardy shirts, sunglasses, and his bling.  As the hostess led us to the table,  the patrons kept starring at us.  I'm sure it looked funny seeing David and Goliath walk through the restaurant.  At one point, I would walk a few steps and turn around to catch people on the spot starring. 

We have our meal and the convo is okay.  In my mind I'm thinking dinner is about to wrap up and I can head home.  No, no, no....he wanted the date to continue.  He then suggest we go to Dave & Busters.  I agree and we head there.  We play some games and I try to excuse myself saying it's getting late.  He still wanted to hang.  Now he wants to go to the movies.  I promise this is the date that was never ending.  We walk by the theater and thank goodness it was over an hour before the next movie.  You'd think he would give up.  Now he suggest I go back to his place and we rent movies.

I had to take a stand.  I kindly let him know it is past my bedtime and I am ready to go home.  I watched him literally hop into his car and drive away.  I forgot to mention, he drove a Hummer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tiff!! I'm so sorry you had to endure that!! I always see short guys drive big cars...HA! Boy, what a night that was. After dinner, that would be enough for me. Your a tough cookie for that one! I'm 5'4 and cant imagine being with a man my height or hell under 6'0. Well in my past I did date shorter...5'8 and 5'11...SMH

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good sport, but next time blame work and get the heck out of there!!

    ReplyDelete