Sunday, February 26, 2012

To Be A Cougar Or Not To Be.....Not To Be


I met Peter Pan a few years back at a co-ed baby shower.  He asked about me and got my number from a friend.  Honestly, I hadn't noticed him but was flattered when he called.  We decided to meet up for dinner.  While chatting, I discovered I was older than him.

As the conversation proceeded, it took a turn towards weird.  He started asking me life questions: What should he major in (he left after 2 years), where should he live, how to manage money, etc.  Could have sworn this was a date and not Big Brother/Big Sister of America.  I already have siblings and thought I was on a date, not a personal adviser.

This date was tuning into a hot mess.  Did this "man" not have parents or friends?  Should I be charging for all this great advice I was giving?  Was there any way I could change the subject?  The only thing I was thinking about was the tongue lashing my homeboy was going to receive for giving out my number to Peter Pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment