Sunday, February 19, 2012

Silence Is NOT Golden

Speaking of E-Harmony, there is another match I was paired with that I did not agree with.  He asked me where I would like to meet.  I suggested we go to Main Event.  Main Event is similar to Dave & Busters. 

I show up and suggest we play air hockey.  He only bought enough credits for one round.  He then suggested we go eat.  Main Event has two areas for eating.  One is concession style and the other is sit-down.  He chose the concession area......side eye.  The food was horrible.  I took two bites and I was done.

From there, he wanted to talk.  Here's the problem, I was doing all the talking.  He just wanted to listen.  He would not speak.  I really felt like I was talking to myself.  He just took bites from his nachos.  After about an hour of my monologue, he's ready to go home.  He rants and raves about how great this date went.  I am now wondering if I am in the Twilight Zone.  Did we experience the same date?

I get in the car and immediately pull out my phone to call my sister so I can debrief her.  I notice he sends a text.  I don't respond since I am driving.  He then calls after ten minutes, I didn't click over.  He calls again, and again, and again.  Wait!!!!  So you were silent  all through the date and now you want to talk.  I finally call him back when I get home.  He wants another date.

Since I am glutton for punishment, I agree to a second date.  I tell him to pick a Happy Hour for 5 pm.  I purposely chose a Happy Hour because I know I will need assistance to get through it.  I get a text that says, "Let's go to Sky Bar."  Sky Bar?  Sky Bar right after work when the sun is up?  I then asked him did he google happy hours.  He replied back that he did.  I tell him to just meet me at Kona Grill.

We order and the food arrives.  As he eats, food is dripping all on his tie.  I am in awe!  Oh yea, he is still silent.  At this point I am about to fake an emergency.  I go to the restroom and plot my out.  Operation "Give Us Free" is in full effect.  I purposely leave my phone on the table and let it ring.  Peace out homie.....and I'm out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment