Sunday, February 26, 2012

When You Buy, I Will Fly


A good friend of mine lives in L.A. and was celebrating her 30th birthday.  I decided to fly out there to help her bring in her milestone.  While at her house party, I met *John.  John was cool, but no biggie.  I don't live in L.A. and I have no desire to do a long distance relationship.  We exchanged numbers.  There was a chance my girl and I were going out later and he wanted to hang. 

So I fly back to Houston and John starts texting and asking when I am flying back to L.A.  I told him I only fly out there about once a year.  It's not like I travel for my job.  From there he tells me how attractive I look...blah, blah.  Again, all this means nothing to me.  The only thing running through my mind is that he wants me to scrape my pennies together to fly to L.A. just to hang with him.  He has never offered to put $5 on it.  I guess he thinks his texts are enough to make me fork over $400 to be in his presence.

Like clockwork, I know I will get at least one text a month asking when will I be flying to L.A. Ummm, keep waiting buddy.  I will keep responding with, "No time soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment